Non-Profit Partners-Together to the Finish
If you commit to raise a minimum of $500 for one of our Non-Profit Partners, you can register early for our race. Avoid the registration rush that first Monday in December, raise money for a great group and feel good when you run on June 6, 2021. Run for: David’s House, The Family Place, Positive Tracks, Upper Valley Haven, or WISE.
David’s House is a 20-bedroom, home-away-from-home for families with children receiving medical care through the Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. Founded in 1986, the house is named in memory of David Cyr who passed away at age 5 after a long battle with leukemia.
David’s House is a registered 501c3 nonprofit in Lebanon NH that has served as a haven for over 13,500 families who have needed overnight accommodations. Guest families include: 9,183 families from NH; 3,084 families from VT; 1,190 families from 42 other U. S. states; 1 family from a U. S. Territory; 43 families from other nations and counting!
We provide a warm, caring, fully stocked “home” for families whose worlds have been turned upside down. Guests may come for a day or for many months – it all depends on what the ill or injured child needs. David’s House operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to help families stay together and stay strong during this most difficult time.
We charge no fees for our housing, food or laundry services, so fundraising is very important and we’d like to ask you to help by joining Team David’s House in the upcoming CBHM.
Members of Team David’s House are asked to raise $500 (tax deductible), and are responsible for the $95 race registration fee.
As thanks for your philanthropic support, David’s House will provide:
• A gathering tent at the start/finish with team-only snacks and refreshments
• Access to customizable fundraising web pages
• Free team-only post-race massages
• Exclusive runner gifts
• A Team David’s House photo and/or individual runner photo
Register to run: https://davids-house.org/eventsnewsletter/cbhm/
Our Mission: The Family Place delivers comprehensive programs designed to strengthen positive relationships, teach essential skills and promote enduring healthy growth for families with young children in the Upper Valley and surrounding communities.
The Family Place is a private, non-profit organization founded in 1985 in White River Junction, Vermont, by a group of community members concerned about the well-being of young children. Shortly thereafter, we were designated by the State of Vermont to be the Parent Child Center for the area. Last year, The Family Place reached over 1,700 children from 1,200 families in the Upper Valley region of New Hampshire and Vermont. We offer programs for all families with young children, with an emphasis on intensive, holistic support for those most in need. Our programs address critical quality-of-life issues, including child safety, financial stability, healthy development, mental health, literacy and education, food and housing security. From the beginning, we have maintained a strong focus on the most vulnerable young children; we are the primary provider of prevention and intervention programs for children birth to three.
Team members commit to raising $500 and The Family Place will pay the $95 registration fee.
In recognition of your hard work, our runners will enjoy these benefits:
- A gathering tent with food and water at the race’s start and finish
- Transportation of personal items at the race’s start and finish
- Personal fundraising webpage and fundraising coaching and guidance
- Regular encouragement and support before the race
- Team T-shirt from The Family Place
- Swag Bag of surprise goodies
Our mission is simple – We teach youth how to make change through the power of athletics.
WHY: Our youngest generation is inheriting a society with major challenges, from climate change to revitalized racism. Enter Positive Tracks to help young people create solutions to societal challenges through the power of sport and cause advocacy.
HOW: Positive Tracks teaches youth how to sweat for good, for any cause they choose. We provide free counsel on fitness, team building, community engagement, cause advocacy, event planning, fundraising and promotion. Youth are playing kickball for climate change; spinning for social justice; shooting hoops for hunger. If kids can dream it, Positive Tracks can help them make it happen: for any cause, from any corner of the country.
Help us grow the Positive Tracks movement by joining Team Positive Tracks! Commit to raising $500*, and in return, we’ll shower you with:
- Fuel and hydration at the start & finish
- Transportation of personal items from start to finish
- Runner support, cheerleading and fuel on the course
- Positive Tracks tech shirt, training shirt & other TBD swag
- A customizable fundraising page
- Fundraising assistance & guidance from Positive Tracks Staff
- A monthly team newsletter with motivation, logistics & training support
- An epic Spotify running play list
- Post-race massage
- Love & affection
*A $95 registration fee is required when you sign up. This counts toward your $500 fundraising minimum.
Positive Tracks: To request a spot on the Positive Tracks team, please email Emily Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website for additional information: http://www.positivetracks.org/.
Register to run: https://www.crowdrise.com/TeamPositiveTracksCBHM
Our Mission: The Upper Valley Haven is a non-profit, private organization that serves people struggling with poverty by providing food, shelter, education, service coordination, and other support.
Since 1980 the Upper Valley Haven has provided temporary shelter and educational programming for homeless families and adults as well as food and clothing to anyone in need.
The Haven has fostered independence through our Shelter Advocacy, Aftercare, Outreach and Education Programs. The Haven is open 365 days per year and never charges for any of its services. We serve over 14,500 people per year.
Commit to raise $500* and enjoy the following benefits:
- A personal fundraising webpage
- Reusable Haven swag bag filled with the necessities and more
- Toilets at the start of the race for charity team runners only
- A pre- and post-race gathering tent for runners and their families with healthy snacks and beverages.
- Receive your own Haven CBHM Team T-shirt (stylish, functional, performance – a keeper!)
- Training Tips by road race experts sent by email preceding the race.
- Team photograph and opportunity for individual photographs.
- Transportation of personal items from the start of the race to the finish.
- Lucky bracelets made by children living the Haven’s Shelter and participating in the Haven’s After School program.
*The $95 registration fee is due when you register to be on the Haven’s Team ($95 counts towards the $500 goal)
Upper Valley Haven: To request a spot on the Haven team, please email Kristen Coats at email@example.com or visit our website for additional information: https://uppervalleyhaven.org/events/covered-bridges/
Register to run: http://cbhm-2019.preview.everydayhero.do/
Learn more about the Haven at www.uppervalleyhaven.org.
Our mission: WISE leads the Upper Valley to end gender-based violence through survivor-centered advocacy, prevention, education and mobilization for social change.
Our vision: A world of freedom, justice, equality and dignity where all thrive.
Since 1971 WISE, a non-profit organization, has been supporting people and communities impacted by domestic violence, sexual violence and stalking. WISE offers a confidential and free 24-hour crisis line, peer support groups and workshops, emergency shelter, safety planning and in-person advocacy at hospitals, police stations, courts, and other social service agencies. WISE provides essential immigration legal services and works with youth, professionals, and the community to develop culturally relevant community education and comprehensive prevention strategies. WISE is committed to engaging our community in learning to recognize and eliminate the root causes of violence.
To join Team WISE, all you have to do commit to raise at least $500.00 for WISE. We will cover the $95 registration fee and offer you some pretty amazing perks. In recognition of your hard work, WISE will provide you with the following:
- Early registration for Team WISE
- Promotional support for fundraising
- Transportation of your belongings from the start to the finish line
- An awesome technical t-shirt with the WISE logo to wear on race day
- Private toilets for non-profit teams
- A pre- and post-race gathering tent for runners and their friends and family
- Race photographs
- Healthy snacks and beverages
- A special WISE bag full of goodies
And cheerful, grateful smiles from WISE staff to greet you at the finish line!
Register to run: https://wiseuv.org/join-us/#events
Thank You Great Eastern Radio for Your Generous Support!